Buy a Shirt
Buy a Shirt
Buy a Shirt
Places We Are
> Features Wishlist
Alright, there are a million things we could do or add, and it won't all happen, but we want to know what features you think would make Typetrigger more fun and easier to use.
August 26, 2010 |
Here's a few thoughts based on my first few days usage (which I'm really enjoying, BTW):
* Formatted text, like <em>italics<em> etc. The easiest way to do this would be supporting Markdown syntax, like 750words does. That way you can ignore formatting and just type plain text unless you actually want it.
* Alerts (email? twitter DM?) when we are "liked" or followed.
* RSS feeds. The most useful one, I think, would be a feed for the users we're "reading". Would make it a lot easier to follow their new material.
* A way to export content. Once a month or so I'd like to be able generate an HTML output (or a Markdown-formatted plain text file) of my writing. For now, I'll just copy and paste into a personal text file, but doing it from the site would be great.
* Would you consider making the trigger interval something irregular, like 7 hours, or 5 1/2 hours, so that it cycles to different times each day? Not a biggie, but might make it a little more interesting.
* The navigation could be simpler. I'm finding that I'm having to go through 2 or 3 clicks to get to the page I want sometimes. The links from our profile page, and the links from the main page should all be available from everywhere, but separated spatially for clarity. Also, some dynamic infoboxes featuring "New Users", "Latest Likes" etc could be handy and a way to get new users more involved quicker.
December 1, 2010 |
After reading about how you judge for the Grant competition I had a thought about how we see the triggers
When I'm reading a trigger I try to ignore who the author is. I don't want to be swayed by their previous works into thinking that this peice should also be a "like" for me. Unconsciously, if we are reading someone we recognize then perhaps we become biased towards that particular author's works.
My thought is that perhaps we can have a option in settings to say whether or not we want to see the trigger's author. Once we have "liked", then the author becomes visible.
July 13, 2011 |
Post Your Reply
Enter your information below to post a reply to this thread.
(forget stored information)
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Copyright © 2010, Type Here Enterprises. All rights reserved.